Of all the home textiles, curtains and shades seem to always require the most thought. While they should be attractive, they also serve a purpose. Arts & Crafts style curtains are in fact very practical and represent a simple and lovely use of drape that really finishes a room. It is a style that does not bury the window beneath swags and layers of extra long drapery, trimmed with layers of braid and bullion. Our selection of linens and custom design choices can make a room feel relaxed or elegant.
HOW TO ORDER:
At any point in the process, feel free to call us. We are here to help and we love hearing about your home. Be sure to check our frequently asked questions for more information.
1. Measure the length and width of your window to within an eighth of an inch (1/8"). If you already have hardware, measure from the top of the rod to wherever you want the bottom edge of the curtain to fall. If you don't have hardware yet or want more measuring information, please look at our measurement tips.
2. Decide how full you want your curtains to be. Most of the Arts & Crafts curtains you see pictured on this website are one and a half (1 1/2x) fullness. That means that if the window is 30 inches wide, the curtains will be a total of 45 inches wide. If you want your curtains to be almost flat panels, order single fullness plus.
3. Choose your fabric. We suggest ordering our fabric sample packet, or you can order up to 3 samples at no charge. Most of our fabrics measure 55 includes wide, so you can probably figure pretty closely how much you'll need but we'll be glad to figure it out for you at no additional cost (and may be able to save you time and money!). Decide now if you want your curtains lined (see about lining) or if you would like pin stitched hems.
4. Choose a top finish. This is how your curtains will attach to the curtain rod. If you haven't selected hardware, please visit our hardware page to decide on hardware to go with a top finish that will work with your choice from our top finish selection.
5. Optional but the most fun: Choose an applique or stencil. Browse the design pages and look at the details of the designs as well as various ways they are used on curtains. We have a large library of Arts & Crafts appliques and stencils. So take your time to look at everything! Look at the applique and stencil colors and put together any scheme that works for your interior.
6. You can use the worksheet to figure out your cost or just contact us and have us figure it out for you. A price list is also available to assist you. In fact, call us any time during your design process and we'll help you out! We'll talk you through it and send you an estimate. Confirm your order with a 50% deposit and you'll have your curtains in about four to six weeks.